IPSET: programmatically implementing ip6tables snat rule including ipset matching

It is a newbie question, so I would highly appreciate your time.

You can also view my question here http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/311373/how-to-programmatically-implement-ip6tables-rule-including-ipset

I want to implement following using C programming

"ip6tables -t nat -j postrouting -d <ipv6-address-in-destination-field> -m set --match-set xyz -j snat --to-source <ipv6-address>"

What should I take into account?
I have already installed the ipset userspace and kernel modules. I can easily use ipset specific socket options etc which mean my compilation and installation is somewhat ok.

Thanks