Re: nf_conntrack_max

On 09/01/2016 06:59 AM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

Setting custom timeout policies per address/protocol/port (any
selector basically) is possible through -j CT --timeout name from the
raw table.

You have to create the timeout policy in first place through 'nfct'
that comes in the conntrack-tools package. I think there are examples
for this already, otherwise let me know and we can place it on the
manpage.

There is a TCP example on the nfct manpage but it would be helpful if it listed what timeouts are possible to set for each protocol (syn_sent, time_wait, etc.) corresponding to ip_conntrack_[proto]_timeout_[state] in net.ipv4.netfilter. Especially how to set the timeout corresponding to ip_conntrack_udp_timeout since it doesn't follow the pattern.

FWIW it would also be useful (in another context) if there was a stable way to set these values for a specific conntrack entry.