Re: Writing nftables extension / modifying packets via nftables and netfilter

> So the question is, in case you need some extension, what kind of
> generic expression we could introduce so you can build what you need
> following a lego-like thinking, plugging expressions one after
> another.

I've done some more reading, and it seems that everything that I need
is probably already there. My imagined flow of work takes packets that
match specific criteria and sends them to a netfilter module to
process.
These criteria and what to do with the packets would have been
specified by custom iptable matches/targets. But after reading some
more of the nftables HOWTO pages, it seems that the equivalent of
custom matches is creating a custom chain and then jumping into that
chain when a packet matches my criterias, have I got that right? (Can
I register a netfilter module on a custom chain?)
What I still haven't found though, is how I can configure a netfilter
module via nftables. For a silly example, let's say I write a
netfilter module to change the MSS of each outgoing packet. How can I
tell this module what to change the MSS to for different connections?

I've only done a basic netfilter module so far (Inspect every packet,
then drop if some requirements are met), so maybe this is easy and I
just overlooked it?

Regards,

Stephan