Ipset kernel module functions

Dear All,

I am trying to understand the IPSET modules in linux kernel 4.3.
Particularly Macset.
In the source file: /net/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_mac.c

I have few questions:

1. What is the purpose of HTYPE, it is not getting used further.

/* Type specific function prefix */
         #define HTYPE           hash_mac

2. What is the purpose of MTYPE.
          #define MTYPE           hash_mac4

3. Why 2 different functions are used. KADT and UADT. I understand ADT
is Add delete, Test and K and U might be Kernel space and User space.
But what is different operation of KADT and UADT.

4. Who calls Kadt in kernel space. How is UADT called from User space.

Sorry for being too questioning here. I need some direction to
understand this further.

Thanks and Regards
Gadre Nayan