Re: ipset v6.25.1 does not recognize 'counters' as option

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Jozsef Kadlecsik
<kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Soroosh Sardari wrote:
>
>> Thanks, this is the output of ipset help | counters:
>>
>>     list:set 1 counters support
>>     hash:net,iface 3 counters support
>>     hash:net,port 4 counters support
>>     hash:net 3 counters support
>>     hash:ip,port,net 4 counters support
>>     hash:ip,port,ip 2 counters support
>>     hash:ip,port 2 counters support
>>     hash:ip 1 counters support
>>     bitmap:port 1 counters support
>>     bitmap:ip,mac 1 counters support
>>     bitmap:ip 1 counters suppor
>>
>> Seems I'm using the new kernel modules. Is there any make option to
>> enable counters in ipset user space tool?!
>
> No, the output above means that the ipset userspace utility supports the
> counters. Your kernel still may use the old ip_set* modules, without
> counters support. You can check it out by "modinfo ip_set_hash_net": it
> should support revision 3 too.
>
> Best regards,
> Jozsef
> -
> E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> PGP key : http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
> Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
>           H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary

modinfo ip_set_hash_net
filename:
/lib/modules/3.2.0-4-amd64/extra/netfilter/ipset/ip_set_hash_net.ko
alias:          ip_set_hash:net
author:         Jozsef Kadlecsik <kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
license:        GPL
depends:        ip_set,ip_set
vermagic:       3.2.0-4-amd64 SMP mod_unload modversions

This is the ko file that i just compiled from latest source codes.