Tcp socket read error if packet changes in NFQUEUE

Hi,

I use certain packet mangling in a NFQUEUE and recalculate the
checksum. This works fine when traffic is light(Traffic is a TURN
packets). So when turn session is initializing, things works fine. But
when the traffic goes up, that is when TURN starts relaying packets,
it turns out the turn server is not reading tcp packets off the
buffer. We use "coturn" as turn server. "coturn" uses libevent2 to
handle socket events. We observed that when media packets,
encapsulated in STUN packets, starts flowing, the libevent2 buffer
starts reporting that the size is increasing without bound and no
packet is actually relaying. That means, it fails to read off the tcp
socket.

What's the explanation for this bizarre behavior?

Thanks in advance

Cheers