Re: SYNPROXY *NAT/redirects etc.

Hey,

On 2015-06-24 23:57, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Christian Ruppert a écrit :

On 2015-06-23 23:33, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Christian Ruppert a écrit :

iptables -t raw -I PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --syn -j CT --notrack

This rule disables connection tracking which is required for stateful
NAT operation.

Thanks! From what I've seen/read, this rule is required or am I wrong?

AFAIK it's not strictly required for SYNPROXY operation. It just saves
connection tracking resources.

I tried some different setups but somehow I don't get it working.

So if we keep using the "sysctl -w net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_loose=0"
Which is still being used by:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID -j SYNPROXY --sack-perm --timestamp --wscale 7 --mss 1460

I thought I could just avoid that --notrack rule and therefor do something like: iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --syn -j SYNPROXY --sack-perm --timestamp --wscale 7 --mss 1460

But that doesn't work (neither new nor established connections work, default INPUT is DROP btw.). What's the difference here between the raw/PREROUTING rule that basically just marks it as untracked so it can be passed to the extension in the filter table and just doing "--syn -j SYNPROXY ..." in the filter table? Does the "--notrack" one actually more? I need to keep the NAT/redirect functionality while using the SYNPROXY extension.

--
Regards,
Christian Ruppert