Re: ebtables fix changing source MAC

On 2015-04-04 15:38, Noel Kuntze wrote:
Hello Oto,

You can use arptables to do that. ebtables can't do that.

arptables -A INPUT -s StupidEthernetDeviceIP --destination-mac MyOwnMacAddress -j mangle --mangle-mac-s TheMACAddressIwant

You can of course replace the -s StupidEthernetDeviceIP with another filter. However, as you are using a bridge device and probably
a lot of other devices communicate over the virtual bridge, you should construct a filter for a rule
that guarantees (either by logical constraint or physical constraint [e.g: The only device connected to eth0 is the stupid ethernet device, assuming eth0 is slaved to br0])
that only traffic from that host is mangled. Otherwise, you will not be able to establish a connection to any other host.

Thanks for proposed solution it seems to be good on first look. I'll test it on end of the month. And let you know.
I never heard of arptables before, but all got its first time :)

As I wrote I got just one shot, so if anybody have other solution pls let me know.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze