Re: time module rules using localtime

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 14:14:58 -0500
Neal Murphy <neal.p.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I read that as well, but AFAIUI this program is deprecated and a
> > "hwclock --systz" will do the job:
> >
> > man hwclock:
> >
> > --systz  Set the kernel's timezone and reset the System Time based
> > on the current timezone.
>
> By gorry, I do sometimes learn new things on certain days! That looks
> to be just what we need. I'll set it to run on 8 March and 1 November
> this year. (Our switch to DST happens in less than two days.)

Please let us know your findings. So, AFAIUI you should run today:

hwclock --systz

and test if the --kerneltz rules still work as expected. Then, just
after switching to DST, run "hwclock --systz" again and check if the
rules still work at local DST time. If it doesn't work as expected, try
to comment out the time rules, unload xt_time, reload it and uncomment
the rules and check if it's ok.

We can retest on March 29 here in Europe :)

R.