Re: Limit transfer speed rate by Iptables Rules

Are you sure you aren't mixing up source and destination keep in mind it's not the source of the packet. The source refers to the host that initiated the connection.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: jack Linux
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 02:26
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Limit transfer speed rate by Iptables Rules

I have D-Link Router DSL-2730U that support busybox OS and iptables
version 1.4.0

I managed successfully to block the host for being connect to the
internet using the following command

Block by ip address

iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.1.6 -j DROP

Or By mac source

iptables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source bc:20:a4:ff:79:80 -j DROP

The only problem now i have is trying to limit transfer speed rate
(upload & download) to be only serve 30/kbps by MAC Address using

iptables

I tried to make iptables rule like

iptables -I FORWARD -m mac --mac-source bc:20:a4:ff:79:80 -m state
--state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -m limit --limit 100/second --limit-burst
30 -j ACCEPT

But it didn't work

Note : this router cannot modify , delete or add any files . i cannot
make a bash or script file inside the router run , and unfortunately
the iptables connlimit module not supported in this iptables version
too