Re: netfilter queues only seeing IPv4/TCP traffic

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Stéphane Charette
<stephanecharette@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have netfilter queues setup more-or-less like the Doxygen pages describe:
> All is well, but I'm only seeing IPv4+TCP packets.

Replying with the answer in case this comes up for anyone else in the
future doing a google search on the archives.

Thanks to "evilman_home" on the #netfilter channel in irc, the
solution was found.  My iptables rules included this problematic line:

iptables --table filter --append MYQ --jump NFQUEUE --queue-balance
0:3 --queue-bypass

The issue was my app was only opening queue zero.  I mistakenly
thought since I opened up just 1 queue, all traffic would be sent to
that single queue.  Turns out the ICMP, UDP, and other traffic was
going to other unopened queues.  Changing that line to this solved the
problem:

iptables --table filter --append MYQ --jump NFQUEUE --queue-num 0 --queue-bypass

Stéphane