Re: IPTABLES + PREROUTING + --set-mark + Ubuntu

Yes sorry for my english.

I will do more experiment and I understand it is pretty complicated indeed.

Just to clarify.. when I type my public ip address on a browser. I get
a time out error.
But I can see my packets marked, and my tcp connection trying to acces
in tcpdump port 80 like so:
21:35:32.336899 IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.com.54727 > 192.168.2.20.http:
Flags [S], seq 1143628041, win 8192, options [mss 1352,nop,wscale
8,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0

but when i add this rule ( to go straight in my table ht (2) for
incoming connections)
ip rule add from 192.168.2.0/24 table ht
I mean when, in a web browser I type my public ip, it works, no time
out error and i see my html content. The connection work.

thks!

> Does ssh login to your host from another host work? Ie.:
> ssh -p22 username@hostname_or_ip
> (change 22 if your ssh-server on your host is operating at an other port)

it works on my network 192.168.2.20 from another computer
but not if I try to connect with my public ip address from another computer

but it works with public ip with this rule:
ip rule add from 192.168.2.0/24 table ht

** my gateway address is my router