Re: tproxy with nftables

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 02:05:43PM +0000, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use tproxy with nftables?

No native tproxy support yet and noone is scheduled to work on that
anytime soon, sorry.

> It seem that nft has no support for the tproxy table. It might
> be possible to use a mix of nft and xtable-compat to get tproxy
> to work on nft.

I posted a patch time ago to:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/255896/

the main problem was that getopt() gets confused when this is used
from the command-line (so it works fine with nft -f). The internal
state of getopt() needs to be reset before calling libxtables to parse
the options.

> But I would like to use a map to lookup a match and then use tproxy
> as action. I there a way to get this working?

I would need to know more on your use-case to be sure that the patch
above will help you to achieve this, otherwise wait for the native
tproxy support :-(.