Re: Issue with specifying interface/NIC name with drop packets rule

From:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/FAQ/netfilter-faq-4.html#ss4.5
http://www.bani.com.br/2012/05/programmatically-managing-iptables-rules-in-c-iptc/

4.5 Is there an C/C++ API for adding/removing rules?

The answer unfortunately is: No.

Now you might think 'but what about libiptc?'. As has been pointed out
numerous times on the mailinglist(s), libiptc was _NEVER_ meant to be
used as a public interface. We don't guarantee a stable interface, and
it is planned to remove it in the next incarnation of linux packet
filtering. libiptc is way too low-layer to be used reasonably anyway.

We are well aware that there is a fundamental lack for such an API,
and we are working on improving that situation. Until then, it is
recommended to either use system() or open a pipe into stdin of
iptables-restore. The latter will give you a way better performance.