Re: issue with nftable - goto : Operation not supported

Le 26/11/2014 18:47, Pablo Neira Ayuso a écrit :
Use 'nft -f file' to load your ruleset instead of scripts. Otherwise the rule-set is not loaded atomically, and it will also take longer to load your ruleset. Please, help spread the word, people should use nft -f.

I wanted to use 'nft -f' at the begining but I faced some issues.

How is 'nft -f' to be used ? Does it takes as input the output of 'nft list table filter' ?

I tried it, it adds rules but doesn't remove the previous ones. How can I replace previous rules in one go with 'nft -f' ?

How can it interpret the below output which seems buggy ?

root@vgoip:~# nft list table filter
table ip filter {
        chain input {
                 type filter hook input priority 0;
                 oifname "lo" accept
                 ip protocol icmp accept
                 ct state 8 unknown unknown 0x16 [invalid type] accept
                 ct state { 4, 2} accept
                 reject with icmp type 10
        }

        chain forward {
                 type filter hook forward priority 0;
                 drop
        }
}

Looks like it dumps using numeric values, but crashes when trying to use those numeric values

root@vgoip:~# nft add rule filter input ct state { 4, 2} accept
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/nftables says that "nft -f" is not atomic. Is it wrong ?