Re: How to stop kernel TCP responses on a port

> On 04/09/14 12:17, Dale Mellor wrote:
>     I want to do TCP with raw sockets.  How can I filter away the kernel's
>  RST/ACK/SYN response messages when I want to do this myself?

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 13:16 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
      you'll probably need to tweak the kernel itself for that. If you
 wanna do all the 'dirty work', why not use UDP instead of TCP ??

   I need to tunnel TCP (specifically telnet) through a space link to a
spacecraft in orbit (don't worry, security exists in the link layer).
But of course I need the SYN/ACKs to come from the spacecraft itself
(rather than the ground-station PC) so I know when I can send commands
up.  I'm going to try to use the iptables' QUEUE target and a user-space
packet filter, thinking that if I reject the incoming SYN it will be
dropped without further ado, and then I can synthesize a response later
with a raw socket.

   Any thoughts people may have on this would likely be useful.

Thanks,
Dale