Re: Sub: nat issue in netfilter

Hello,

Kamal Kumar a écrit :
>                      I have an issue regarding nat in netfilter. When
> I configure the following rule "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s
> 0.0.0.0/0 -d 0.0.0.0/0  -i eth0 -o eth1 -j SNAT --to A.B.C.D"

This command will fail with an error. The -i option is invalid in the
POSTROUTING chain.

> and run
> some ip traffic from eth0 to eth1 found packets from eth1 with
> translated source ip A.B.C.D, its fine but when I flush the nat
> entries with traffic running from eth0 to eth1, I found packets on
> eth1 with translated source ip A.B.C.D . Is this a problem if it is

It is the expected default behaviour. The traffic creates new entries in
the conntrack table.

> then how to overcome it (when I flush the entries I should not see
> packets from eth1 with translated source ip ).

What exact behaviour do you want ? No translation or no packets ?
For what kind of traffic (TCP, UDP...) ?
May I ask what is your goal by doing this ?