Re: Packets not hitting the nat POSTROUTING table

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Chris Frederick <cdf123@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you say "established connection" are you talking TCP level established
> connection, or is this from contrack identifying the connection?  I guess
> what I'm asking is if doing a NOTRACK in raw would allow the packets through
> and still pass through nat/POSTROUTING?

Sorry for not being accurate, I meant established as in an established
mapping. If you use NOTRACK, I believe packets skip conntrack and
thereby the NAT table altogether.

> I did see that they are hitting the POSTROUTING chain in the mangle table,
> but I can't SNAT from there.  Does xtables-addons provide this?  I'll
> probably start looking there.

Yes, xtables-addons used to provide this in the RAWDNAT/SNAT targets.
I am not sure why there were removed, but the modules compile fine so
keeping an out-of-tree patch is no problem, at least for now.

-Kristian