Re: automatic helper assignment is deprecated and it will be removed soon

Hello,

Le dimanche 01 septembre 2013 à 17:11 +1000, Nick Edwards a écrit :
> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank you for that, one thing though on PREROUTING, is that just extra
> security, not critical for ftp to work,or not really needed after I
> fix my forwarding rule up.

FORWARD changes are not needed at a functional level. It is a security
improvement.
Using CT target in PREROUTING (raw) to affect helper to flow will be
needed once the automatic helper affectation will be disabled by
default.

> As you can tell I'm far from an expert, but since the CT line wouldnt
> take with IPv6, I am assuming it is not critical to its functioning
> (bless I hit a IPv6 bug)

CT target is working with IPv6. The same change will needs to be made.

BR,