Re: Dabase BAcked IPTables

>> why don't you secure the signalling using PKI

I think this is the smarter way of doing it.

>> The server on your side of the connection won't accept it unless a secure handshake has >> been established - job done.

I am familiar with PKI and SSH handshake. In this scenario what would
be responsible for securing the handshake? Can we use iptables to
match public/private keys and establish a secure connection? We really
like to abstract outwards the different services (i.e., leave SIP
related doings to the SIP server, and handshake securing to OpenVPN?).

>> OK, that won't prevent you from somebody ddos-ing you, but you could easily protect
>> yourself from this using standard iptables tools.

I think with PKI, and standard iptables ddos is less of an issue?

Guys, thank you so much! And thank you iptables for making our
networks a little more secure, and the internet a little more
bearable!

Kind Regards,

Nick.