Re: connlimit reached - cannot open connections even after I close some

Hi Bryan,

> I would think you could approach the problem by using apache's builtin
> rate limiting function,

Yes we're using Apache and I researched that as well, but:

First, I'm thinking that an Apache module cannot reliably enforce a connection limit - after all, the module can only act *after* the connection has been established.

Second, I have not found an apache module that is included in Debian (required for automatic security updates) and is able to do that.
* mod_limitipconn is not available for Debian (it seems)
* mod_bw cannot limit connections per IP, only per scope
* mod_evasive counts hits on an object, not parallel connections
However, if you can point me to one I would give it a try anyway.

And after all, it really bugs me that apparently connlimit is supposed to do what I want, but shows this erratic behavior...

David

--
David Gubler
Senior Software & Operations Engineer