RE: help with cluster and/or clusterip

Thought I would add some more

I retested the clusterip.

So I have something like

/sbin/iptables -A CLUSTER -i $DEV -d $VIP -j CLUSTERIP --new --clustermac $MMAC --total-nodes $MND --local-node $ND --hashmode sourceip-sourceport --hash-init $CLHASH
/sbin/iptables -A CLUSTER -i $DEV -d $VIP -p tcp -m multiport --dport 10000,10001 -j ACCEPT

The line in INPUT is
-p tcp -d $IP -j CLUSTER

So I am seeing packets hit the first line and it seems like it stops if the packets don't match.

But now I think I have another problem, which the list might be able to help with.

These are VM's on different ESXi hosts. And the switch doesn't send packets to both host and thus the packets don't get to both VM's

Strangely when I get on another VM on the same vlan it can ping both vm's

Thanks
Alex

And seasons greats/cheer to all !