Re: Formal submission of Xtables2

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 02:01:07PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
[...]
> >So far, I haven't see any *strong reason* to drop nftables code
>
> In all fairness, I have never said anything about dropping nft.
> I am focused on xt2, its inclusion and subsequent maintenance, because
> it resolves the ipt shortcomings in a way that I think appeals most to
> the userspace crowd.

I'm still not convinced but I want find a short-term compromise
solution for this which does not involve tons of email. We'll announce
the netfilter workshop soon, likely to happen at Q1 2013 depending on
availability of the organizer, but maybe Q2 2013 (but not later), I
think it's the place to debate your proposal and nftables, of course.

I will not get anything into mainline until then.