Re: VoIP conntrack issue

On 11/13/2012 5:20 AM, Jörn Krebs wrote:
Not really, as I use the devices behind the firewall, in many
networks, so I need one setup that works.

But to be honest, I don't like to start this discussion:
My question is, why can netfilter not reuse the same port?
The host inside the firewall is the same, so why can't linux manage a
port mapping, which says: If a UDP packet comes from host A to us,
port 1234, AND host B, port 1234, map both to internal host Int1?
(under the assumption, that Int1 tried to establish the connection
with Host A and B first).

The point is: There is NO port mapping clash, why is netfilter
creating one? and does a port remap? (For UDP ... TCP is different.)
Are you sure you understand NAT stun and how port prediction works??
Try to talk IP and ports in a diagram that will make sense to the eye please.

Regards,
Eliezer