Re: VoIP conntrack issue

Not really, as I use the devices behind the firewall, in many
networks, so I need one setup that works.

But to be honest, I don't like to start this discussion:
My question is, why can netfilter not reuse the same port?
The host inside the firewall is the same, so why can't linux manage a
port mapping, which says: If a UDP packet comes from host A to us,
port 1234, AND host B, port 1234, map both to internal host Int1?
(under the assumption, that Int1 tried to establish the connection
with Host A and B first).

The point is: There is NO port mapping clash, why is netfilter
creating one? and does a port remap? (For UDP ... TCP is different.)

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Neal Murphy <neal.p.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2012 09:49:49 PM Jörn Krebs wrote:
>> Hi guys, I got the error, that my last mail hasn't been postet, so I try
>> again:
>>
>> I know this might have been discussed a thousand times, but actually,
>> I think, not often enough.
>> First my situation:
>> I have a private network, iptables NATed of cause! then I have a
>> Xen-VoIP-Server(Asterisk) and at last a VoIP provider.
>> What I like to do is initiate VoIP calls over my VoIP Server and send
>> the data (RTP audio stream) directly to my provider. The would work
>> pretty good if ther wasn't my iptables NAT.
>
> One possibility is to run siproxd on your firewall (provided your VoIP system
> can use a proxy). This should resolve nearly all VoIP problems related to a
> NATting firewall.
> --

Bye Bye, Jörn Krebs