DPI and set's of users.

I managed to use opendpi for Deep packets inspection and it seems to be more suitable then other layer 7 DPI solutions.

I have 9 categories of connections such as p2p messenger etc and I have ip addresses of users that can or cant use the service.
basically the rule is to block service unless I allow the specific IP.
but there is a big list of IP addresses and I need to update them on 6 machines when I change anything and needs to be effecting immediately. what is the best tool to manage big lists of IP's and to match them to a rule? it seems to me the best choice is ipset ? but I didnt understood how to use it?

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru