Change packet inject it back to the queue dosnt work. However inject copy of the packet work

I am using in libnetfilter_queue library.

I need to change the dest ip in the packet. I change it and inject it
back to the queue like this :

nfq_set_verdict(qh, id, NF_ACCEPT,size, originalPacket);

but change didnt take affect.

How ever if i change the packet copy it to new char array and call to
set verdict with the copied array than the change take affect.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you