Recommended iptables setup for management servers

Hi all,

I am searching some tutorials about how to configure a robust/lockdown iptables rules to protect management servers (for example some NSM servers and firewall management servers).

Yes, exists a lot of info in the web but nothing pretty much concise. I have used over several years BSD firewalls (pf) and this task is very simple ... but with iptables I am really lost ...

 The best tutorial that I have found is:

 http://www.remetter.de/os_linux_skript.php

 .. but it seems too old, or not? My linux servers are CentOS 6 ...

My primary objective is to block malformed packets, scans, and control packets managed by mangle. Some of these servers have two interfaces and some services needs to be reached by this secondary interface.

 Any help?

 Thanks.
--
CL Martinez