Re: comments about local loopback interface rule granularity

Hi,

I often see the following:

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

where a default DROP policy is applied to both INPUT and OUTPUT chains.

Just a side note.

I always use these rules because:
- I just enable something and deny everything else... (ACCEPT the specified and DROP as the policy). - I want my local services run "as fas as they can"... (I use the rules above as the first rule in the chain. Be aware that you can use the rules above in the raw, mangle and filter tables too..)
 - I do not think that there is anything filterable on the "lo" interface.

Swifty