Re: ssh session are hanging when firewall is restarted

On 2011-08-25 07:04, Grant Taylor wrote:
> I'd sit down and think about how frequently this ""problem (such as it is)
> happens and if it has enough impact to cause me to want to re-design
> firewall rules to take it in to account.

Indeed. A better solution:

-A INPUT -p tcp ! --syn -m state --state NEW -j DROP
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

If your firewall script clears the connection states (conntrack -F) or
unloads and reloads the kernel modules (thus doing the same thing), you
will always have this problem, and no different iptables design will fix it.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"The Congress shall have Power . . . To promote the Progress of Science
and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors