Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

On Sat, 21 May 2011, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> >> Fair enough, is there any reason why I can't include them as part of the
> >> kernel (i.e. static) as I used to with 4.5?
> >
> > I don't really understand what you mean here, sorry.
> >
> > If you want the kernel part of the ipset package compiled statically, then
> > that's not supported out of the box. Manually doable: get a kernel tree
> > where ipset already included, copy over all *.[ch] files from
> > ipset-6.x/kernel/ to the corresponding kernel subtrees and then continue
> > configuring/compiling in the kernel tree.
> OK, as you know I compile ipset - userspace and kernel modules - in two
> separate building streams. The kernel part of ipset I compile as part of
> the kernel itself - via the make oldconfig, make menuconfig or by simply
> copying already pre-defined .config file (I obviously apply the ipset
> 6.5 patches as well - as you know).

I haven't time yet to look at the packages you sent me, so I don't know
the exact details of your build process.

> With ipset 4.5 I was able to include all ipset "modules" as part of the
> kernel (i.e. all ipset-related options in my .config were "y" as oppose
> to "m").
>
> In ipset 6.5 I cannot do that - the only choice I seem to have is "m" or
> not include them at all. So, I was wondering why that is, that's all?

I think you have got NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE, NETFILTER_NETLINK_LOG or
NF_CT_NETLINK selected as module, and in consequence NETFILTER_NETLINK as
module too. And because the ipset kernel modules depend on
NETFILTER_NETLINK, then those can be selected as modules only too.

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxx