Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

>> Fair enough, is there any reason why I can't include them as part of the
>> kernel (i.e. static) as I used to with 4.5?
>
> I don't really understand what you mean here, sorry.
>
> If you want the kernel part of the ipset package compiled statically, then
> that's not supported out of the box. Manually doable: get a kernel tree
> where ipset already included, copy over all *.[ch] files from
> ipset-6.x/kernel/ to the corresponding kernel subtrees and then continue
> configuring/compiling in the kernel tree.
OK, as you know I compile ipset - userspace and kernel modules - in two separate building streams. The kernel part of ipset I compile as part of the kernel itself - via the make oldconfig, make menuconfig or by simply copying already pre-defined .config file (I obviously apply the ipset 6.5 patches as well - as you know).

With ipset 4.5 I was able to include all ipset "modules" as part of the kernel (i.e. all ipset-related options in my .config were "y" as oppose to "m").

In ipset 6.5 I cannot do that - the only choice I seem to have is "m" or not include them at all. So, I was wondering why that is, that's all?