Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

On Sun, 22 May 2011, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

> > > As I wrote previously, that is because you reached the limit of the maximal
> > > elements in the hash. Increase maxelem, it's a fixed parameter of the hash.
> > > The hashsize parameter is an initial value and auto-tuned (incremented) as
> > > required.
> > >
> > Jozsef, the set I was referring to has just over 11 thousand members, where
> > the maxelem value for that set was set at 15 thousand - I thought I have made
> > that pretty clear, but I obviously haven't!
> >
> > Look at the files I sent you and let me know in which set I have specified
> > maxelem value which is less than the number of members I am trying to add? My
> > guess is, there are none!
>
> Your first set named 'test_ips' consisting of 11670 ranges can only be
> converted to 15613 networks, i.e. members. Not all ranges can be expressed
> with a single network.

Just look at the firs range in that file: with the first octet anonymized,
it's

a test 10.0.1.0-10.0.3.255

However that's identical with two networks, 10.0.1.0/24 and 10.0.2.0/23,
thus two set members. So the command above is equivalent with

a test 10.0.1.0/24
a test 10.0.2.0/23

Best regards,
Jozsef