Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.5 released

You used the timeout variant of the hash type, and a mistypeing slipped into the patch titled "Fix adding ranges to hash types", which made the patch ineffective for the timeout variants :-(.
I am not sure what you mean by the above!

Please try the patch below: apply to the source tree of the ipset package, recompile the kernel modules, install them, remove from the running kernel and try again.
I'll do it in the coming days as I ran out of time and already reverted to ipset 4.5 as I don't have any more time to play with this.

libmnl is 1.0.1. I have then tried to play a bit with the hashsize value, but
gave up when I reached 16777216! ipset though was still insisting that the
hash size is "full":

maxelem 15000 hashsize 4194304

As I wrote previously, that is because you reached the limit of the maximal elements in the hash. Increase maxelem, it's a fixed parameter of the hash. The hashsize parameter is an initial value and auto-tuned (incremented) as required.
Jozsef, the set I was referring to has just over 11 thousand members, where the maxelem value for that set was set at 15 thousand - I thought I have made that pretty clear, but I obviously haven't!

Look at the files I sent you and let me know in which set I have specified maxelem value which is less than the number of members I am trying to add? My guess is, there are none!