POSTROUTING SNAT only reply packets

Hi,

I need to modify the reply packets of one web server to allow the connections between a webserver and client using a load balancer.

The client connections goes to a load balancer, the load balancer forwards the connection to a one web server changing the destination ip, the web server anwser the client with it's own ip address without passing again for the load balancer. In order to stablish the connection, the client needs to receive the web server answer with the correct ip address (in this case, the load balancer VIP address), in other case it receives ACK that it doesn't know about it and the connections is not ESTABLISHED.

I've doing some testing and seems that iptables only do SNAT on NEW connections, and I need to change the ip address of replied packets. Anybody know some workaround? If anobody do not know some workaround can you confirm that it's not posible to do this with iptables?

I've tried the next ip tables rules and only work when I do NEW connections from the web server.

-A POSTROUTING -o br0 -s WE_SERVER_ADDR -p tcp -m tcp --sport 80 --dport 1024:65535 -j SNAT --to-source LOAD_BALANCER_ADDR

Thanks in advance.

Isaac González