Re: iptables --string-replace

> Don't strip Cc, and don't top post.

Sorry, missed the cc. I read the posting guidelines before mailing and
don't consider my means of quoting to be a top-post (I removed most of
the content and the quote was 'standalone', I just chose to put it at
bottom).

> Matching across packets would incur unwanted complexity.

Just curious, does the current string match implementation match
across packets? If not, then surely adding replace functionality (with
the same compromise) is not overly complex?