Re: iptables --string-replace

Thank you for the speedy reply.

So I'm guessing the answer to the main question below, about whether
that patch ever made it into iptables, is "no".
Is this because of the limitations of string matching with regards to
packet fragmentation, as per your response, or for some other reason
(eg unwanted complexity)?

If the former, then why does iptables include the string match (but
not replace) extension, which surely suffers from the same
limitations?