Re: Denial-of-Service attack on UDP-port 5060 (SIP/VoIP)

dear friends here again :

Sorry about misstyping.   the script name  well typed is

 FAIL2BAN .

 it's so easy to configure  and use ,  just a few steps to put it to work.

need to define  a rule to detect  Fails in the  log file  ( ie   choose what
log inspect  asterisk.log o, or syslog, or messages. and so on  )  for
looking  some reg expressions inside them  ( like " wrong password " , .. an
son on )   and to define   an action to take when an attack was detected (
ie add  iptables rule ) and Voilá!,  that is it!!.  That's all!!!.  you will
find examples there with the script

take a look here
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Fail2Ban+%28with+iptables%29+And+Asterisk
 this may guide quickly  to setup on asterisk

This script  will  work fine with other services too,     vsftp, httpd,
SSH,  or any user log that you got
you can define how many fails will be assumed like attack and  how many time
leave EACH  host banned ,
also can  send a mail to any address using the mta  to  NOTIFY EVENTS ,
included start and stop  the defense ,
this   so helpfull to larm when  rebooting,,,,,, power failrudes ,,,,

Believe me , You will find this script so  helpfull.
i really hope that this may help you too.

Join together  to keep bad people banned!!!!    :-)

Think about this :
This schema  keep in sight to detetct intruders a neturalize your action
quickly , and no matters  to dive into the nature of the networks. because
of for the thieves  it's more easy to steal any  people that don't have any
"alarm"  that fight against  guys that were alerted and armed !!! and they
just  will leave us alone when they had seen that were dsicovered. .

Good luck, ....and ....... "That the force be with You!" .......or better
....... with "Us"

marcos