Re: Denial-of-Service attack on UDP-port 5060 (SIP/VoIP)

Hello,

Secure-SIP-Server a écrit :

> I'm suffering on a Denial-of-Service attack on my SIP(VoIP) UDP port 5060,
> getting more then 70 REGISTER requests per second since yesterday. All
> comming from the Japanese IP 59.146.75.111:5088.
[...]
> Now my 2nd question:
> How can this requests (UDP) be from a ESTABLISHED connection??? They passed
> the firewall in the first two examples and therefore they must be
> ESTABLISHED!?!

UDP being connectionless by nature, the notion of "UDP connection" is
rather loose. Therefore a continuous flow of packets with the same ports
and addresses can be considered as one sigle connection even if they are
actually unrelated requests.

> 3rd question:
> Is there a way to tell iptables to lock only a specific IP:PORT for a while
> if this IP transmits more then 50 requests per second? If so, how?

Check the "recent" match. Be sure you read carefully the man page about
its default limits.