Re: BROUTING VLANS

On 11/15/10 05:02, Asher Awelan wrote:
QUESTION:
Is there a way to broute the vlans to the eth1 interface and not have to create every interface and register every vlan... or perhaps strip the vlan id (after logging of course)...

It /might/ be possible to strip the VLAN tags and send the traffic on it's way with out the need for all the vlan interfaces. But, I don't know that it will be possible (at least as easily) to re-tag the returning traffic.

Something you might consider doing is moving the (un)tagging / trunking in to a user space application that can dynamically add and remove the VLAN tags with out needing kernel support or vlan interfaces. - I'm just typing raw theories out my (you know what) and would have to give this quite a bit more thought.

Grant. . . .