Re: limit bandwidth equally

J Webster ha scritto:
I am using the following script for tc/htb.
My server has 2 VPN services and a proxy server.
The proxy server already limits using delay pools but I need to add a
1Mbps limit for every IP connecting to the VPN.
The VPN is on tun1 and tun 0.
Does the tc script go in the same folder as iptables.../etc/sysconfig?

No, it's not need.
This script are a separate "program".

# The network interface we're planning on limiting bandwidth.
IF=eth0 # Interface
# Download limit (in mega bits)
DNLD=1mbit # DOWNLOAD Limit
# Upload limit (in mega bits)
UPLD=1mbit # UPLOAD Limit

$TC qdisc add dev $IF root handle 1: htb default 30
$TC class add dev $IF parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate $DNLD
$TC class add dev $IF parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate $UPLD

This is the first error that I found. With htb you cannot limit upload and download speed on the same interface. Are you looking for ifb?

Michele