Re: limit bandwidth equally

J Webster ha scritto:
I have a 100Mbps data centre connection. I would like to limit users
bandwidth to my server but only when it becomes clogged.

There is no problem for this

It seems users report problems when the bandwidth gets above
7000kbits per sec I think this is caused by useres downloading many
files rather than streaming video. I think 2000kbits per sec should
be enough for streaming video so is there a way to throttle this and
share it equally between users anytime the overall connection gets
above 70000?

First of all, I see some problems on you numbers. Are you talking about
7Mbps or 70000 (without units)

And after, what mean "users report problems"? This isn't a technical
explain of the problem...

For achieve what you are looking for, you need a big dive into tc
(lartc.org) and as my personal advice, htb (google for tc htb).

After studied all the guides passed, if you have further problems, we
are here.

Michele