Re: conntrack module question?

On 11/05/2010 01:12 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> On Friday 2010-11-05 10:21, Husnu Demir wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using conntrack module for a while. As suggested configuration I do add ;
>>

>> -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>> -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate INVALID -j DROP
>>
>> At the top of the configuration. After that I added the drop rule as;
>>
>> -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -m set --match-set STOPALL src -j DROP
>>
>> I added an IP address,
>> 174.142.179.235 a SPAMMER, to stop its communication. But it did no stop.
>
> How are you determining this?

In fact this address collecting passwords from a hacked site and I want tot stop
it. It is an HTTP connection. And If I put this IP to the list I coud connect the
web site. But if I put the rule above the first rule I could not connect.

http://www.formchamp.com/form.php?id=1120

is the actual SCAM site.

>> I wrote "drop everything from STOPALL list", but the connection is not dropped.
>
> It drops packets, not connections.
But if it cannot send any packets how a connection can be established?

>> If
>> I wrote the the DROP statement above the 1st rule, it will drop all the
>> connection. What is wrong?
>
> Perhaps nothing. You clearly accept established connections first,
> so only new ones will be ignored. It does not change existing ones.
>
>> I do not want to write DROP statement to the top?
>
> Do you?

In fact my all drop statements are at the top accept first one. I had some
different issues when I wrote it below. It seems better for me to keep it at the
top. Perpahps I should re-consider it.

thanks.

hdemir.
begin:vcard