Re: Using iptables for throttling SMTP traffic

On 01/11/2010 21:07, Alex wrote:
 My hope is to block hundreds of connections on my mail server from
 bulk mail senders like constantcontact, as well as the flood of
 connections from spam bots that are rejected by zen anyway.

 How can I tell what rules are currently in place for a particular
 IP? In other words, I see log entries for the initial block, but it
 doesn't appear that an actual rule is added, correct?

Hiya

Why dont you do this at the application level. There many way to do this.

Have you looked at greylisting?

You make no mention of what MTA you are using. But you can set up a MTA Gateway (Basically a MTA in front of your real MTA).

HTH
Brent Clark