Re: Bridges

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Ethernet does not carry only IP and ARP. There are other protocols in
use out there. One may want to do MAC-based filtering and mangling on
normal ethernet interfaces.

Agreed.

However I do think (my opinion is) that IP is by far the simple majority of traffic. Other protocols are less common and closer to the special use scenario than they are away from it.

IMO restricting ebtables to bridges would be like restricting iptables
to routers.

I in no way was implying that EBTables should be restricted. Rather I was commenting on what I believe the use scenario is, /now/ any form of restriction.

Grant. . . .