Re: Bridges

On 08/19/10 02:33, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Me too, but I wanted to be more general.

Fair enough.  ;-)

Or one L3 switch with two port-based VLANs. Packets should not leak between VLANs unless they're routed.

Heh. I'll argue that even if the device that ""leaks the packet from one interface to another is called a switch, that it is still doing a layer 3 function, namely routing. Layer 3 switches are just really efficient routers when it comes to routing from one vlan to another.

(That or I vastly mis-understand how layer 3 switching is different from routing. At least when it comes to what is done with the IP packet, regardless of how it's technically done. If I am mistaken I'd love to have someone correct me.)

Grant. . . .