Re: nfnetlink_queue interfering with ioctl calls

On 08/13/2010 10:10 AM, Roger Sala wrote:
Hi

I have code that makes the SIOCGARP ioctl call that works correctly (i.e. it either returns successfully when it finds a match in the arp cache or it returns -1). However when I integrate that same code with nfnetlink_queue code it no longer works as expected (i.e. it returns successfully (0) whether or not the address was found in the arp cache and it doesn't copy the mac address into the struct arpreq). I searched the archives and didn't see anything about this. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Correction: the code actually does behave as expected if the address actually is in the arp cache. It is only when it is not there that it's return value indicates success and nothing is copied into the struct arpreq. The same code, on the same machine, running at the same time works as expected when not linked in with the nfnetlink_queue code.