Re: ebtables mac update

Thanks for your answers.

It is mess a bit, because modems I was talking about (841,841C) has
broken and are now in service.

We have another pair of Zyxel Prestige 782M SHDSL modems that are being
used as temporary replacement.

Funny thing is that the problem persist. Tonight I've made some tests
with 782M. I've connected two computers in my office (win7 and linux)
through this pair directly. I seccessfully tested ping both directions,
then switched them so that each crossed the bridge and was unable to
ping.

tcpdump from linux showed:

1. while pinging from linux to win7:

- Linux sends broadcast ARP-WHO-HAS win7-ip and no one replays
- I was able to see win7's ARP-WHO-HAS some-other-ip after that linux
probably learned it's MAC and started to send unicast ping requests,
still no replay
- I also saw some unicast packets from win7 crossed the bridge

2. while pinging from win7 to linux:

- linux gets broadcast ARP-WHO-HAS linux-ip
- linux replays unicast ARP-IS-AT
- those two repeat, so win7 doesn't get replay

Regarding this I can surely tell (this is all about 782M pair) that
after box crossing the bridge MAC-port table is not updating (how it
should be if it were switch's logic). Packets with srcMAC of crossed box
CAN cross the bridge, but with dstMAC of crossed box CANNOT cross the
bridge.