Re: libnetfilter_queue: mark-value byte ordering?

David F writes:
Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

I have applied the following patch. I think that, at least, new users
will not hit this problem again. I'm very sorry that this was not fixed
before. Let me know if you are OK with it, we're still in time to revert
the patch attached.

Waiting one version before deprecating might allow smoother changing.

For what it's worth, I had previously prepared this patch which just clarifies the documentation on this parameter. I think it still has value since I also added some missing return-value docs and changed the descriptions of a few parameters that I had found to be confusing.

Good work. Is the (current) generated doc available? I've found an older version in http://www.nufw.org/doc/libnetfilter_queue/

I attach a patch aimed at fixing the example, which is confusing, since rv can simultaneously be != 0 and >= 0 only if it is > 0. I haven't resisted an attempt at enumerating verdicts, though.