Re: Update delay when using nat table?

On 12.03.2010 04:56, netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On 11.03.2010 19:41, netfilter-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> ipset looks intresting but I've no experience of patching the kernel. I
>>> did run an aptitude install ipset.
>>>
>>> ipset -H
>>> I'm of protocol version 2.
>>> Kernel module is not loaded in, cannot verify kernel version.
>>> ipset v2.5.0
>>>
>>> What needs to be done here? I've tried googling around but there's not
>>> that much information available.
>>>

>> Please switch to bottom posting...
>>
>> If on debian, you may need to install netfilter-extensions-modules.
>>
>> Mart
>> --
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mart Frauenlob"
> <mart.frauenlob@xxxxxxxxx>

eris:~# aptitude search "netfilter-extensions*"
v   netfilter-extensions-modules
       -
i   netfilter-extensions-modules-2.6.26-2-686
       - netfilter-extensions modules for Linux (kernel 2.6.26-2-686).
i   netfilter-extensions-source
       - source for netfilter kernel modules derived from patch-o-matic-ng

those are what I have on debian 5.0.4.

> ---
>
> However, i did get conntrack to work. Running this command after i've
> updated iptables does the trick:
> conntrack -D -p udp --dport 777 --src x.x.x.x
>
> This might seem like a noob question. But isn't UDP connectionless?
> Why/How does it keep track of those connections?

http://www.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial/iptables-tutorial.html#STATEMACHINE

Regards

Mart